Wednesday, September 5, 2007

WhaT A DaY!!

"Do you have class today?"

A strange question.... U see me everyday and knew that I have class everyday. Moreover, if I don't have class today, why did I come to School so early. "Yes".

"YES?! Then why are you not in your grey T-shirt?"

What an interrogative conversation to start my day......

How on earth am I supposed to know that I have to wear the grey T-shirt everyday to school when I was only given three pieces...... And I'm not wearing any revealing clothes. When I first joined as a volunteer teacher, I was told that teachers in Thailand are well-respected by students and hence, should not wear clothes that show the knees and shoulders. I was in a green polo-T and ¾ pants; All well-covered...... And how to explain those days (especially on Mondays) when people turn up in yellow T-shirts in respect of the Thai King...... And also, who can explain to me why one of the volunteer teachers was not issued any grey T-shirts when he had already taught in the School for almost 3 yrs...... There is no standard and yet I was grilled on why I did not follow the standard...... worse still, by someone who was not even in charge...... What nonsense is this???

I would not have been so upset by this conversation if the tone and attitude was better. I just felt that this could have been better managed, and I could have willingly accepted the "so-called" standard. The interrogative tone & attitude were just totally uncalled for and all this had to happen early in the morning...... Okie, after I'd said it all out, I shall forgive and forget!

To add to my day..... A haircut meant to help me release the tension and unhappiness in me turned out to be a bad haircut, with one side longer than the other...... Help! WHAT A DAY!

No comments: