Friday, September 14, 2007

They Made My DAY!

As I'll be going back to Singapore next week, I brought a volunteer who will be taking over my class temporarily to my class so as to introduce her.

Once we stepped into the class, I noticed the strange / worried faces on my students.

"Ok class. This is Teacher B. She will come and teach you next week. Teacher Yan is going back to Singapore next week."

Questions came flying "Why are u going back?", "Are u coming back?", "When are you coming back?", "I want Teacher Yan to teach."....... I teased them by saying that I'm not coming back anymore. They all started to say "No. U must come back.", "I'll miss u." And one of them actually said in a pathetic manner "Teacher Yan, U go back to S'pore. U don't miss me?"

Ok, ok..... I gave in. Class, I'm only going away for a week and I'LL BE BACK!

"Is it? Yeah!"

I din know that I'm actually so popular (thick-skinned!)...... Hahaha. They really made my day!
Then they started asking me to buy them chocolates (with almonds if possible) and also bring them photos of the Merlion..... Hmmm, Sorry. The Merlion Park is an attraction more for tourists. Don't think I'll visit it on this trip back home. One of them also asked me jokingly to buy him Whiskey...... "NO! If the school catches u drinking whiskey, u'll have to go and wash the toilets." ...... I'm not going to be your "accomplice".

No comments: