Thursday, September 13, 2007

Nostalgia

I feel that when one is getting old, u start to reminisce about the past and start to remember important dates of your life.

I'm not sure why this date leaves a deep impression in my mind. 8 years ago on 13 Sep 1999, I started work in one of the big 4 accounting firms...... No name to be mentioned and so no free publicity for this firm. Those who know me will know which one.


I must say that actually my first 2 yrs in the firm were wonderful. I learned a lot of things which were not taught in school. I made a lot of frens who are around my age and so, working was fun. Only the first 2 years were wonderful and yet I managed to survive about 5 yrs. A pat for myself on the shoulder.

I remembered that my batch started with about 80 of us. Not sure the exact number who survived the tough working situation till now..... Those whom I know and still are there - TT, THW, BC, LKW, LSW, HHC. Guys and gal (Note: only one gal left!), keep up the good work. U have done our batch proud. Maybe a few years down the road, I'll see your face appearing on the alumini magazine "Featuring the new partners of the year"...... By then, I hope u will still remember the petite lady whom u all named as Choosy.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Interestingly the day came and went without me realising I have been in the Firm for 8 years. This morning when I arrived at work and replicated mail, there it is again, Master Benny's annual email, reminding us of the D-day of our anniversary. Without him, my time keeper, the day would have passed by insignificant, no specific memories of the past.

Today I concluded the training session for the new A1s and I am reminded of our same experience 8 yrs back, those were definitely the best years of my working life.

The friends, the movies, the pool, the hanging out, later the blading, the I dunno everything, was just plain, carefree and fun.

Fondly remembered and cherished.

Good luck Choosy, doing what you do. Enjoy every day. See you again soon.