Friday, July 27, 2007

Visiting Auntie at the Home for the Aged

I'd started visiting one of the old folks from the Home for the Aged.

She's known as Auntie. She's a Burmese. I'll be her buddy every Tuesday. She's deaf on the right ear and hence, I got to shout into her left ear so that she can hear me. She was an English teacher in Bangkok and I understand that her students still visit her sometimes and even send her money.

It is Auntie's routine to want to pray at 4 designated statues in the premise of Redemptorist Centre. I took her out for a walk on her wheelchair. The volunteers were told that we should make Auntie walk for a short distance like 10 metres to the last statue. Well, she had rejected me nicely 2 times, telling me that the weather is too warm for her to walk. Oh my, in such a case, how can I still force her? Anyway, she should know that it's for her own good that she does some exercises (and not for me).

No comments: