Monday, June 4, 2007

Trip to Amphowa 02-03 June

Amphowa is about 1 hour away from Bangkok and this place is famous for its floating market.

I always thought that floating market only opens in the morning and sells mainly vegetables and fruits. To my surprise, this floating market opens in the evening and it definitely sells more than just vegetables.

We travelled to the floating market using one of the small boats (similar to that used by the noodle vendor), passing many many small rivers. The resort owner was very friendly and she acted as our personal guide by showing us around. And she bought a lot of things from the floating market which made me think that she enjoyed the trip more than anyone else. After the night market, the boat brought us to see fire flies. It's my first time in my life (except seeing some in Singapore science centre) seeing bunches and bunches of fire flies. I even managed to catch one and see it beamed in my hands.... No pictures on the fire flies. U got to imagine if u have not seen them personally.


No comments: