Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Work-Life Balance – A Myth?

Was watching Florence Lian's talkshow on Channelnewsasia that night.

My dear hubby told me that her talkshow was boring. I agree to some extent as u can only see a few guests sitting down and voicing their views one-by-one. However, the topic that was discussed was so close to everyone's hearts - "Work-life balance. Is it a myth?"

Can we (both men & women) have a career and at the same time have a life (i.e. family, frens and personal time)?

To me, I guess it's tough. But I feel that it's possible if you have the unconditional support and understanding from your loved ones too.

I had started a little poll on the above topic. Please share your thoughts with me.

3 comments:

g-dess said...

my dear,

i am still single and already, i am feeling the toll my work is taking on my social life. :) i barely have me-time these days.

i do wonder sometimes, how does one juggle a career, a hub, baby or babies, a home, your family, his family, a car, colleagues and friends.

how la? :)

Choosy said...

Glad to see u browsing my blog. I enjoyed reading yours.... it's just so YOU.

I have no answer to this. But I'm appreciating my life now in Thailand... slowing things down and looking at things which I don't think I'll pay much attention to if I'm still tolling in S'pore.

Dun worri too much cos 'the man up there' sure have a planned route for each & every one of us to take.

g-dess said...

:) heee. but i don't know much about you, we've never really have the chance to talk or hangout!

nevermind, through your blog, i will know you. :)

i want to do what you are doing one day, volunteer.

you are already leading the life i want to live one day!